Healing the Mother Wound
A 9 Week Journey to Restore & Reclaim the Feminine Soul
The doors to the world of the wild Self are few but precious. If you have a deep scar, that is a door. If you have an old, old story, that is a door. If you love the sky and the water so much you almost cannot bear it, that is a door. If you yearn for a deeper life, a full life, a sane life, that is a door.
~ Clarisa Pinkola Estes
The Deep Wound We All Share
Let me ask you the hard questions first, Sister. The ones that might surprise you in their universality. The ones that even as they make you cringe, remind you that you are not alone. I invite you to sit with each one, breathing into your body temple, and notice how it lands within you, emotionally, energetically, physically:
- Do you feel anxiety or fear when you consider meeting with groups of women?
- Have you experienced judgment, rejection, bullying, ridicule or shaming from other girls or women?
- Do you compare yourself to other women?
- Do you have a relationship with your mother that is disheartening, painful or toxic?
- Have you had difficult relationships with other mother figures in your life?
- Do you doubt your own ability to mother another, including your own children?
- Do you feel anger, rage, jealousy or resentment towards your daughter?
- Do you suffer a lack of confidence in making decisions or guiding the direction of your life?
- Is it challenging for you to set emotional and energetic boundaries with others?
- Do you hold back from expressing your truth?
- Do you have a difficult time asking for what you need?
- Do you have a negative view of your body, such as thinking you are too fat, too thin, too different, too plain Jane, too old, too baby faced, too dark, too light, not sexy enough, not attractive enough….just simply not enough in any way?
- Do you have difficulty taking time for yourself or practicing self-care?
- Do you doubt your intuition or question the validity of your own wisdom?
- Do you dislike yourself and avoid spending time alone with yourself?
What is the Mother Wound?
The Mother Wound. Those three words are reverberating through the psyches of women worldwide. Upon hearing them, most women feel an upwelling of pain, sadness, grief, anger or resignation.
But along with these challenging emotions, we also feel Relief: Relief at finally being able to identify a bone deep and soulful feeling of loss. Our wound we’ve been carrying around our entire life has a name. If we pause for a moment to allow those waves of emotions to take their natural course, Relief activates a bit of Hope: Hope that maybe we are not so alone after all. And maybe, just maybe, there is a way to heal the wound.
The Mother Wound is the wound of separation that women and men have been experiencing for over 5,000 years. As humans transitioned from hunter/gatherer societies that honored and protected the Earth, to agrarian societies that began to own and war over land, the Patriarchy was born. Religions shifted from worshiping the Creator Mother that could be seen in everything alive to the God in the Sky that could be seen up there along with Sun so essential for growing the crops. At that pivotal point in our history, the Feminine was judged as secondary to the Masculine, Women were labeled as inferior to Men, and Mother became subservient to the Father.
The wound of losing the connection to Mother and the Feminine has created an imbalance in humanity that is causing unnecessary suffering to ourselves and this planet. We've become divided, split apart externally and internally, living in exile from the Mother and the Feminine in all of her forms.
This illusion of separation is played out in:
- Separation from the Divine, Universal Life Force, God/Goddess, Spirit.
- Segregation of Women from Men.
- Disconnection of humans from Mother Earth, and from our brothers and sisters of animals.
- Suppression of our creative gifts.
- Cut-off of our emotional intelligence and intuition.
- Separation of mind from body.
- Separation of body from soul.
- Denial of access to the eternal and expansive flow of life that resides within us and all around us.
But we are awakening. Women are once again rising up to resume their place as equals in this world. Women are remembering their inherent essence as manifestations of the Feminine Divine. We are returning to the sacred spaces of temples, lodges, covens and circles to renew our commitment to creating, protecting and nurturing life, and to relearn the ways of the ancient ones. We are reclaiming the titles of power that reflect our immense capacities as Women: Priestess, Shaman, Goddess, Midwife, Healer, Wise Woman, Witch, Yogini, Oracle and many more.
Yet how can we embody the Feminine when we are exiled from the Mother in all Her forms, including ourselves?
The Exile Takes Many Forms within you as a Woman:
- Disconnection from your body wisdom.
- Inability to determine your needs and desires.
- Sexual dysfunction.
- Shame that arises when you hit puberty and become a Woman, for your feminine form and your monthly bleeding.
- Emotional distance and/or enmeshment with your Mother.
- Guilt for betraying her when you are content or follow your dreams.
- Both a yearning for and a fear of being seen and heard.
- Toxic friendships with other women who do not uplift you and celebrate you exactly as you are.
- Difficulty opening your heart, and keeping it open. within intimate relationships.
- A lack of boundaries in personal and work relationships.
- Feeling less than, not enough, too much.
- A mistrust of your emotional experience.
- Jealousy of other women.
- Anxiety, fear, mistrust of other women.
- If a mother, holding feelings of jealousy, resentment or rage towards your daughter.
- Self-doubt, lack of confidence in decision making.
- Disengagement with Mother Earth, nature, animals.
- Mistrust of Life itself.
- An overarching experience that you don’t belong, and that you are alone.
- Disconnection from a spiritual practice that nourishes your life.
- Blocked creativity.
- Inability to see, celebrate and directly experience the magic and beauty of life.
There is a path to Healing the Mother Wound
Now, Sister, let me ask you the easier questions. First, take a deep breath, one that you feel all the way down through your heart, belly and pelvis. Tune into your first chakra at the base of the spine and the pelvic floor, the circling pool of collected energy that is rich ruby red, blood red, life source red. From this chakra, allow a root of red light to reach down into Mother Earth, and feel yourself being held as you ponder these questions below.
Would you like to:
- Rewrite the painful stories you hold around your Mother and the Feminine to those that are empowering and nourishing?
- Reclaim your voice, and use that voice to speak your truth, spread love and share your wisdom?
- Inhabit your body temple, and experience the world through all of your senses – alive, awake, and present?
- Sit in a safe, loving and empowering circle of women, where you can be witnessed and uplifted as you heal the Mother Wound and the Sisterhood Wound?
- Remember your sacred gifts as a Woman, and offer those gifts to the world?
- Heal the Mother Wound for yourself, your ancestors and generations to come?
- Renew your relationship with Mother Earth and the Feminine Divine?
- Return to your natural flow and rhythm as a woman, intimately connected to the moon cycles and seasons of Mother Earth?
- Rewire your wounded instinctual nature as you grow your trust in your Inner Wisdom and Intuition?
- Awaken the Inner Mother who knows how to nurture within you a sense of safety, belonging and worth?
Women are embodiments of the Feminine Divine.
Our energy and creative cycles mirror the Eight cycles of the moon.
Our life cycles reflect the four seasons of our Mother Earth.
Our bodies are sacred terrains of magic and mystery suffused with pools and rivers of flowing Shakti.
How this works:
Over the course of two moon cycles, each of the eight weeks will be focused upon a different step in the Healing of the Mother Wound. The ninth week will be integration and celebration time.
This is a powerful time to do this work, Sister! We begin our journey on Mabon, September 22nd, the Fall Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere, which is also Ostara, the Spring Equinox in the Southern. During our 5th Week we celebrate Samhain. And in the final week of integration, we celebrate Thanksgiving.
The flow of our journey will be:
- From Full Moon as we connect in our sister circle.
- Through the descent to the New Moon where we'll do some deep releasing work.
- Through the ascent back up to a Full Moon as we connect with Mother Earth.
- Through the descent to do some deep rewriting of our stories.
- And then ascending up again for our integration and celebration.
Full Moon /Week 1 – Calling the Circle – Safety. Belonging. Connection.
Descent/Week 2 – Unearthing - Naming the Wounds. Our Ancestors' Stories. Patriarchy.
New Moon/ Week 3 – Grieving - What was Lost.
Ascent/Week 4– Boundaries- Protection/Connection. Voice. Empowerment.
Full Moon/Week 5 – All Our Mothers - Reconnection to Great Mother. Mother Earth. Mother Archetypes.
Descent/Week 6 – The Mother Inside Us - Healing of the Body Mother Temple. Mothering the Self. Body Love.
New Moon/Week 7 – New Stories - Rewriting. Reweaving. New Contracts.
Ascent/Week 8 – Reclaiming - -Remembering. Reunion. Restoring.
Full Moon Week 9 - I Am Mother. We are Mother – Integration. Celebration.
About the pacing and depth of this course: This is an Immersion, a deep dive into tender spaces and potent places within you. Think of it as a boot camp for the soul, one that can positively impact your life in all areas. Even as this will be powerfully transformative, it will be equally nourishing, supportive and uplifting. You will be fed at all levels of your being. As the arbiter of your own experience, you'll be in charge of how deep and how fast you go. I'll keep bringing you back, over and over again to your own wisdom so that you can trust your way, your truth, your timing and depth, all along your journey.
Healing the Mother Wound includes:
Before We Begin:
A welcome PDF Guide and video to call you to the circle, and offer suggestions for useful tools and ways to prepare to make your journey safe and fruitful.
- At the beginning of each week and just before each weekend, you'll receive a video offering instruction and encouragement, along with recommended practices (always optional to incorporate when it fits for you), including one or more of the following:
- A Guided Meditation and Breathwork Practice
- Embodiment Practice
- Earth Medicine Ritual
- Yoga Practice (Postures, Mantras, Mudras)
- Physical Nourishment
- Journal prompts.
- Inspiration from art, poetry, music.
- Each week's theme will include suggestions for supportive tools of corresponding crystals, essential oils, herbs, plants, colors, mudras, mantras and yantras.
- A weekly live virtual gathering via Zoom with ritual and conversation.
- Full and New Moon, Mabon and Equinox inspirations to keep us in contact with Mother Earth's seasons and cycles.
- A safe and warm Community of Women who witness, support, uplift and encourage you in everyday living and your spiritual journey.
- An ongoing, accessible private virtual gathering space to give and get support throughout the course and beyond t0 continue your Healing the Mother Wound Work.
- Once you join Healing the Mother Wound, you'll be invited to the Wild Sacred Sisterhood Community Facebook Page. This private gathering space is yours indefinitely.
- Toi Lynn will be actively involved in the gathering space, offering additional resources, encouragement and conversation.
- Open access to Toi Lynn by email.
- Discounted Mother Wound Support Sessions, Coaching and Dreamwork Sessions with Toi Lynn.
What Others Are Saying...
Why Join Me on This Path to Healing the Mother Wound?
Oh, Sister, I've traveled many roads to get here, to this place of being called to offer a space for Healing the Mother Wound. My entire personal and professional life has been leading up to this. My own Mother Wound has transmuted into a gift of holding space for others.
My healing the mother wound journey began when I entered therapy at 20 in order to make sense of what had been a painful and lonely childhood, and a new marriage that felt hauntingly the same. I was also just beginning to recover from being raised in an evangelical religion that I'd experienced as sexist and misogynistic. Therapy became my safe space for exploring myself for the first time. My experience was so healing that I changed my major from Landscape Architecture to Human Development, and went on to get an MS in Clinical Psychology and a license as a Marriage & Family Therapist.
During those years, I also began to explore Meditation, Buddhism, Earth Medicine and Celtic Spirituality. As I became more present with myself, I intuited that I had a deep mother wound that could only be healed in the presence of other women. So, I called a women’s circle, which is still together 25 years later. This sacred circle of 6 women became home for me, and inspired me to create the same experiences for other women. I’ve been leading women's circles for 26 years now, and I truly believe it is where I fell in love with being a Woman, in the center of being held, reflected, challenged and uplifted by other Women.
In my early thirties, I discovered Yoga, and my eyes were opened to world of the Soma, the body. My body became my guide and the portal through which I began to experience the fullness and beauty of living. In my body temple I reconnected with my inner wisdom, found the courage to leave my toxic marriage, remembered my divine nature, grew my self-worth and sense of belonging in this world and opened myself to a loving marriage with a man who sees the Goddess in me every day.
This awoke in me a hunger for even more discoveries so that I could offer myself as a conduit for healing the mother wounds in others. So began a 17 year long journey of soaking up every training and experience I could to understand how we work, how we relate, and where we fit in this Universe. I became certified in Bikram Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa, Thai Yoga Massage, Reiki and Hypnotherapy, and immersed myself in studies of Shamanism, Dreamwork, Jungian Psychology, Priestessing, Feminine Archetypes, Somatic Meditation and Sacred Embodiment Practices.
This past 3 years I've been on sabbatical in Kauai, in deep introspection and rewriting of my stories, and in an even deeper healing of the mother wound. During this time, after being in a distant and painful relationship with my mother for my first 50 years of life, in the fall of 2016 I was blessed to sit with her as she passed, feeling overwhelming gratitude for her. Our previously painful mother/daughter story ended with a final chapter of mutual respect, affection and love.
I truly believe that we as Women are what the world needs now. And my wisdom tells me that healing our Mother Wound is the most essential step in our human journey back to wholeness.
What did I discover in the journey through healing mother wound?
- My mother did not abandon me. She abandoned herself.
- In order to feel safe with my mother, I swallowed her pain. In that act of survival, I abandoned me.
- My mother’s rage was not rage towards me, but rage towards the Patriarchy.
- Her withholding was simply an inability to hold herself.
- When I ceased to see my mother as My Mother, and chose to see her as a Woman, understanding and compassion filled the distance between us.
- Everything that happened in my childhood has been an integral thread in the tapestry of who I am now.
- I am not a victim. There is no one to blame, for anything.
- The negative experiences were my training ground.
- I got so much from my mother. Her passion for learning. Her love of music. Her deep spirituality. Her integrity. Her strength.
- Women are my closest allies.
- Sisterhood can be a source of great healing and nourishment.
- I belong. I've always belonged.
- I am Hers, Mother Earth’s. Divine Mother's. I am Hers.
- It is so very good to be a Woman.
What kind of program is this?
This is an Immersion into Healing the Mother Wound. Embarking upon this journey is making a commitment to yourself, and to your awakening. It is a radical act of self love. Even as you do this for You, this course will trigger waves of healing that will flow through other people in your life, as well as the collective. When we do this healing work, we also heal the wounds of our ancestors, and stop the wound from continuing into future generations.
Can I join at any time?
To create a safe and sacred space, we will close registration at midnight Friday September 21st.
I feel nervous about spending this money on myself.
We understand! Money calls up all sorts of questions around worthiness, abundance and self care. One mantra that I invite you to ponder is "Caring for myself allows me to care for others." Another is "My self love invites others to be more self loving" or "I am completely worthy of living an abundant life."
$269 is an investment in yourself, your future, your family and this earth. Consider this: Weekly therapy and coaching with a seasoned therapist costs between $600 and $800 a month. In this course, you'll receive deep, transformational and life long impactful coaching and support that is $134.50 a month. You are so worth it!
Here is what I recommend that you do:
- In a private quiet space, stand with your feet hip width apart, and place a hand on your lower belly and a hand on your heart.
- Close your eyes.
- Take several slow, deep, soothing breaths, breathing all the way down through your hips and to the bottom of your feet, and all the way up through the top of your head.
- Imagine your feet growing red roots down into Mother Earth.
- Feel how you are held in unconditional love.
- Imagine a crown of golden light on your head that extends up into the stars.
- Feel how you are connected to light, love, stars.
- Now ask yourself "Is Healing the Mother Wound for me?" and then listen.
- Listen to how your whole body feels in response.
- Keep coming back to your body and breath.
- Keep feeling the love from Mother Earth and the Stars.
- Trust the wisdom that arises in you.
What is your refund policy?
This course is non-refundable. Once you enter through the doors to our healing space, you have received all the downloadable content we created, along with indefinite access to that content. Thank you for understanding.
Is my course membership transferable?
Your membership is not transferable to another person. However, we do offer gift certificates for friends.
What happens if I violate the Wild Sacred Awakening Guidelines for Ethics and Participation?
If you participate in shaming, bullying, victimization or drama, you will be removed from the course without refund. We will notify you ahead of time. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone not deemed appropriate for the community.